Last updated 10th February 2021
Reclaim PPI respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Financial Claims Made Simple Limited, company number 06268019 is the controller and responsible for your personal data. They are registered in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 with registration number Z9932118.
Our full details are:
13th Floor Tower House, Fairfax Street, Bristol, BS1 3BN
Contact : Ben Hargreaves
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: 13th Floor, Tower House, Fairfax Street, Bristol, BS1 3BN
The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
• Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
• Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
• Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
• Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
• Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
• Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
• Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
• Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Methods of Data Collection
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
1. Direct interactions.
You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you;
• Apply for our products or services;
• Create an account on our website;
• Subscribe to our service or publications;
• Request marketing to be sent to you;
• Enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
• Give us some feedback.
• We may also record and/or monitor calls for quality checks and staff training. Such recordings may also be used to help us combat fraud.
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree.
If you are unsure how to change your browser settings we suggest using the “Help” function on your device’s toolbar to find instructions on how to do so.
3. Third parties or publicly available sources.
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties [and public sources] as set out below:
Google Adwords, Analytics & Doubleclick by Google
• Google’s DoubleClick products provide ad management and ad serving solutions to companies that buy, create or sell online advertising.
• Data Collected: Anonymous (Ad Views, Analytics, Browser Information, Cookie Data, Date/Time, Demographic Data, Hardware/Software Type, Interaction Data , Page Views , Serving Domains), Pseudonymous (IP Address (EU PII), Search History, Location Based Data, Device ID (EU PII)), PII (Phone Number)
• Opt-out: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
• Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
• Where you give us your express consent to process your data in particular circumstances.
• To search Credit Reference Agencies and Fraud Prevention Agency records.
• Debt recovery.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message.
Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on.
We provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Promotional offers from us
You will receive electronic marketing communications from us if you have provided your explicit consent via an opt-in box or you have previously purchased similar goods or services from us and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time using the contact details outlined above.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company for marketing purposes.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using TLS technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you a reference code for access to our online claims tracker, you are responsible for keeping this code confidential. We ask you not to share your code with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures implemented on your computer or mobile device.
We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we only authorise access to those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. Our security systems meet or exceed industry standards and we are constantly monitoring internet developments to ensure our systems evolve as required.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
Your legal rights
You have rights under the Data Protection Act laws in relation to your personal data including;
• Request access to your personal data.
• Request correction of your personal data.
• Request erasure of your personal data.
• Object to processing of your personal data.
• Request restriction of processing your personal data.
• Request transfer of your personal data.
• Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to us at Reclaim PPI, Records Management Officer, 13th Floor, Tower House, Bristol, BS1 3BN
Subject Access Requests
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
We respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally, it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance using the contact details set out above.
This is a paragraph. Click here to add / edit your own text. This should be used to tell a story and let your users know a little more about your product or service. How can you benefit them?
ReclaimPPI is a trading style of Financial Claims Made Simple Ltd
13th Floor, Tower House, Fairfax Street, Bristol, BS1 3BN. Company Number 06268019. Financial Claims Made Simple are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Firm Reference Number: 833865). VAT Registration: 908 6282 08